Followers

Monday, December 5, 2011

Day 5 Grrr....!

Ok its day 5 on the 12 Tags Christmas being hosted by Tim Holtz.

I would be lying to say I didn't cringe a little bit when I saw this technique posted this morning.
I absolutely cant stand this technique or should I say that this technique doenst like me.

After 3 attempts using the Holiday Reflections Stamp I said forget this. I have to use a stamp that doesnt have some many small areas. Below is what I finally got accomplished using the reverse alcohol ink technique.

Again, after 3 attemps I just couldnt get a smooth uniform look on the plastic. UGH!

Close up of the ornament.
Heres to hoping tomorrows tag works out better for me, LOL

6 comments:

  1. Well, they turned out very well!! I'm glad you worked out a solution! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stephen,
    I couldn't agree more. I also had problems with this technique and had to totally revamp the tag. Ah well, at least we tried.
    I think yours came out much better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful! Love how you combined both tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I don't know what you're complaining about. I think they came out great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. look good to me! This is a hard technique and it takes a bunch of practice, I think you got it nailed!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are much too critical of your own work. I know if I dread a certain technique, no matter what others say, I'm positive I made a mess of it. I think we might be in the same boat. Anyhow, I love yours and think they came out well. I don't think anyone gets a real smooth even alcohol ink on acetate. JMHO.

    ReplyDelete