Followers

Friday, December 2, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas 2011 Day 2

Day 2 of the 12 Tags of Christmas according to

Day 2 brought more wonderful techniques using Kraft resist paper, sticky back canvas, trinket pins and more just to name a few. As most playing along its hard to have everything Tim uses but it inspires your so much to come up with your own alternate ideas.


No Sticky back canvas for me but I did have some sticky back fabric from Making Memories that I inked up really good.
Nor did I have any of the stars for the reindeer's necks or the Holiday muse tokens but I like my choices for replacements.


As for the on the edge die Tim used at the bottom of his tag, as fate would have it I have almost everyone of them but the one he used, LOL.
However I did have a border by K&Company that after I inked it up some matched just perfectly.

Something that I am doing to all of my tags this year is using the Tag die to cut tags from corrugated cardboard and using them on the backs.
Since so many of the designs are heavily embellished it really does help stabilize the tag and make it so much more substantial.

7 comments:

  1. Turned out great! I love the backing idea, I was thinking of adding easels to mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great tag, love the cardboard idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea to stabilize the tags! You made TWO tags? Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both Day1 and Day2 tags. So nice of you to make one for your sister. Way to go! I love the little village at the bottom of the tag!
    Gail in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen, I really like your "substitutions"; in fact, I think I like the fabric you used on your deer better than the canvas. And your background is simply beautiful.
    Being a night owl, I am already thinking about tag #3, LOL.
    Peace!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful tags and terrific interpretations. Enjoy the weekend, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. So good to see your takes on Tim's tags. Thanks so much for all you do for ATT. It is appreciated.

    ReplyDelete