Followers

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

12 Tags of Christmas 2010 Day 7


Ok, the best laid plans, right?
I fully intended on catching up today but....
On to day 7

I really, really love the inking the texture fade technique. This made the most realistic looking wood I could have ever imagined.
Reversing the petals of the flower is perfect to make a poinsettia. Not having any sticky back canvas I used some canvas inkjet print paper instead.

I inked green leaves also but by complete mistake I felt the backs actually looked more like real petals of a poinsettia.




Close up of the backs of 2 of the "original" all green leaves

Hopefully I can catch up tomorrow...

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's behind! And always says they're going to get caught up .. and don't. *lol* I WILL this weekend ... What's Scarlett's line in GWTW? "I can't think about this now. I'll go crazy if I do. I'll think about it tomorrow."
    Yeah, that's my story ...
    These tags, as always, are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful tags, and your poinsettias came out great!
    Eileen
    PS Do you feel any better? I can't get rid of my cold!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tags!, I agree with you about thetechnique; it's fab. I enjoyed so much I made 2 tags as well (but unlike you, I am not doing that for all)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! These flowers were just ingenious on Tim's part, weren't they!

    ReplyDelete