Followers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Technique 10: Tissue Wrap Flowers

This week over at Studio L3 the Challenge is:
Technique 10: Tissue Wrap Flowers



I used this challenge to make a monochromatic tag, yes there is a tag behind all that you are looking at.
It's been a while since I created a monochromatic piece and using the black and white tissue wrap inspired me to do so.
The dancing ladies is a stamp from Lost Coast Designs that just makes me smile. The tissue wrap flower and tidings bow seem to mimic the dancers headgear.



Here is a close up of the flower. I know many are posting that they had difficulty in making them look like flowers. I must confess this is my first attempt and I came out perfect.
 Almost like a paper carnation.

I think that I will use this piece as art to abandon for someone to find. 
Click here to read more about Art Abandonment.

13 comments:

  1. Love it (and so will the finder)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FANTASTIC!!! So love this fun image, and that gorgeous flower does match the head gear...perfect!!! Love the black and white here as well! Awesome creation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your flower !! You mastered t much better than mea, hugs trace x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great piece! I would love to find it! I love the black and white color scheme and your flowers came out great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow Bear what a wonderful wonderful piece..you are very talented..love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turned out great! Someone will be very happy to find this one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the black & white! The flower is the perfect compliment to the fun photo! What a delight that tag will bring to someone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope I find the tag :) I like the monochromatic color scheme. And the flower really pops off of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! I always like black and white - it's such a bold combination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You did great with the tissue flower. Lucky person that finds this!
    Gail in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  11. Okay, I'm loving this but I have to date myself... does anyone see I Love Lucy walking down the big staircase with the crazy head piece?? 'Cause seriously, Stephen, that's what I'm thinking especially on Photo #2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful piece for AA! Someone's gonna be very lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there love your tag! I must have a look for that dancing girls stamp. Thanks for the nice comment you left me about my tissue wrap flowers, have fun x

    ReplyDelete