Followers

Monday, June 4, 2012

Compendium of Curiosities 2, Challenge 8!

This week the Challenge being offered up at Studio L3 is 
Technique 8: Repurposed Packaging
Tim Holtz: A Compendium of Curiosities, Vol. 2, page 62


I used this challenge to make some ATC for the swap on the All Things Time Yahoo Group.

 i

I took the plastic packaging from some Grunge Board and stamped on it using Stazon ink.
Then I flipped the packaging over and mounted it to card stock that I had colored with Distress Stains and Distress Inks using Glossy Accents.

This is a close up of just one of the cards. Even though I didn't add any texture to the packaging I love how the whole piece took on the slick look of the plastic.

An even closer shot.
I wish you could see the slick, wet look each ATC has. The detail of the stamp really pops behind the packaging.

7 comments:

  1. I love it, the fish really pops and I love that you used packaging plastic, really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly beautiful results

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the subtle coloring that really makes the fish pop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful! And you gave me a great idea for my boss's retirement invites, as she's a scuba diver. I have my packaging part done for the week; just need time to hopefully pull it together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool! The plastic looks amazing on your background.

    ReplyDelete