Followers

Friday, August 23, 2013

"LWD Design Team Showcase: " Dylusions Ink Sprays, Stencils, & Stamps by Dyan Reaveley"

OK folks it time for my Second Team Showcase for Lone Wolf Designs.
This time I'm all about getting Dylusional....

If you haven't tried Dyan Reaveley's ink sprays, stencils and stamps then do yourself a favor and order some today. They are so much fun to work with and they produce incredible effects that are hard to achieve using other products. All her designs cant help but make you smile!




This is the stamp set I will be using for this showcase.
Pondering Petunia DYR34483


I will be using plain card stock and manila tags for today "Ghosting" example. Her products can be used on all types of dry paper mediums tags, card stock, cards, journal pages, etc...


Make sure you are working on a Inkssentials Craft Sheet by Ranger.
Begin by choosing colors at random just spray pools of color all over your card stock.
There is no right or wrong way to do this. Just spay until you are Happy!
.

Next place a stencil of your choice over the inked card stock and spray liberally with water.
The stencil I'm using is called Chequered Dots DYS33981.


Then using some paper towel gently blot away the water from the open areas of the stencil. Make sure you get the water blotted from  all the openings.



When you remove the stencil you will see the "Ghost" image of the stencil. This is a great way to add depth to all your projects. You can spray and repeat this technique several times to get multiple layers of depth if you like.

Not wanting to waste any of the ink I like to use a tag to swipe up all that inky goodness off the craft sheet.



These are nice to have on hand for any future projects. You will have a tag with the first background layer already there.


This is a completed project I made for my art journal using these techniques.
 I used Copic markers to color the stamped image.


Being the frugal crafter I even save the paper towels to use in collage art pieces. I just love getting to use every bit of the ink I can. 

I hope this has inspired you to give Dyan's products a try. You wont be disappointed.
Of course you can find all these product and more at 25% off MSRP at
 Lone Wolf Desigins, LLC 
 
Get the insider pricing at:

 Facebook group. If you haven’t joined us yet, you’re paying too much for your craft supplies! 




17 comments:

  1. Stephen, I love the fun tutorial and project you shared with us this week. Thank you for being a part of the team!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for picking me and for all your support during this troubling time.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome! I love how you used the stencil. Such vibrant colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely work and great directions. You make it so simple! I can't wait to try these techniques out. Love the dylusion sprays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Stephen! The colors are so great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great ghosting technique using a stencil! I will be trying this idea. thanks for sharing
    stamping sue
    http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page featuring this technique! Have you seen Dyan's Halloween stamps? How fun would it be to use Dyan's stencils to make a ghoulish journal?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Stephen for showing these techniques. Love the Dylusions inks, stencil and stamp set.
    Aloha, Kate

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous! I haven't been able to purchase any Dylusion sprays, yet, but I will definitely use this technique once I do. Thank you SO much for sharing your talent :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stephen, I love the bright colors dyan has, and this technique is so fun. Thanks for showing us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stephen....what a lovely project you shared. And such a clever way to add the funny stamp in the corner. Love the colors and the composition. Thanks a lot for sharing.
    Hugs from SPAIN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that "ghost" stencil technique. I'm going to have to try this! Great job! Thanks for your contributions to LWD Design Team.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The ghosting technique is cool. You also blended the colors very well. When I spray a bunch of the colors I end up with mud!!!
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the use of water through the stencils. I always forget about this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the ghosting technique with the Dylusion sprays. I can't wait to play with the new stencils that were released

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love watching my wife play with these inks in front of on our 7 month old daughter. She loves seeing all bright colors

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the frugal tips and bright colors! Thanks for sharing! Sorry about the loss of your friend :(

    ReplyDelete