Followers

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pop Up Card, Tim Style

I have had this die for a while now but since I have been busy moving into my new craft space I haven't really had the time to play with it. So the other day I made time.
Sizzix shows this example on the packaging and on their website. It is die # 657130
Pretty nice looking, but not really my style.



This is my example, Not really that elaborate on the outside. I just stamped the wore celebrate and embossed it with shiny copper embossing powder.

But when you open it up you get the pop up surprise. I actually cut the "pop up" piece from clear plastic packaging so the hands of the clock appear to be floating in front of the clock.





Here is a close up of the clock hands to where you can see that they are really out in front of the clock and the back ground.
Pretty Cool Huh?
Im going to enter it into Simon Says Stamp and Show's


16 comments:

  1. Stephen, pretty cool is an understatement... it's OFF the HOOK Awesome! I REALLY like this card.
    Ivette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pop up and how you did the hands. Wonderful card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's amazing!!! SO much better than what Sizzix shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW, this is so cool ... love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting card, I especially like the clock with the "distant" hands. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's pretty darn cool. Timeless I'd say! I must look into these pop up cards.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love the clock card, the way the hands stand out is stunning!
    Gail in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stephen your card is awesome. You put the Sizzix card to shame!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great adaptation! Was it fab working in your new space?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pop-up card! Love the images you used. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete