Followers

Monday, July 11, 2011

Grungy Monday Number #15

Where or where has my muse been? Oh yeah he's been trying to beat the heat in the sweltering weather we have been having in Georgia. Its been brutal and not a very creative climate when all you want to do is lie in front of an A/C unit. :)

Anyway....
We are up to week 15 in the Grungy Monday Challenge being held over at Studio L3.
Linda has been keeping us busy with techniques from the master himself Tim Holtz.
This week the challenge is

I used this challenge to play with some of Tim's new Glassine paper. I used his movers and shapers butterfly die along with the Tattered Floral die to cut the glassine shapes.
Stamped the butterflies with his checkered stamp from his
Ultimate Grunge Set.
Added a button center to the flower and set it all on a cardboard flourish cut from the
Elegant Flourishes die.

15 comments:

  1. totally excellent ...as usual

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Stephen! That flower is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tag, Stephen. Love the added butterflies and flowers using glassine. That stuff is cool, isn't it? (by the way, it's good and hot here in Florida too.) Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag. Those Glassine butterflies are just brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! How cool is that! I love the butterflies stamped in a check patern on glassine! I love your colors and the whole tag is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning tag, I love all your wonderful embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful tag. I really like how you did the butterflies. They look perfect in checkered glassine. I haven't played with my glassine yet. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning tag and background! Love the flower and butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your tag - all the elements you used are just fantastic. Hope you have a respite from the heat soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just great - love your background, fabulous colours on the word and such wonderful embellishing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great tag. I love what you did with the glassine paper. Fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is gorgeous. Lovely. Gonna have to buy glassine paper now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As always, your work is wonderful! I love the tags.

    I have had some health issues & not been out and about like I wanted. FYI, I got the envelope you sent, in a "plastic bag" from the USPS, and it was held together at the top. Had been in the mail for months! lol There were still some tags with it.

    I looked at your newer art while I was here, and am so impressed! Sweet of you to post your Dad's photo, too.

    Hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete