Followers

Monday, June 13, 2011

Grungy Monday #11 and Show Your Distressed / Torn Edges

Ok its Monday again and I always look forward to the Art Challenges from
Linda at Studio L3 and the staff at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

At Studio L3 the challenge is Tim Holtz's Technique Challenge from January 2008.
At Simon Says Stamp and Show the challenge is Show Your Distress/ Torn Edge.

This challenge seemed perfect to use my dress form stamps and embossing folders from Tim .

I really wish you could see this tag in person for when I finished I cut a tag from corrugated cardboard using Tim's Tag and Bookplate die and adhered my inked tag to it.

This gave me just the perfect thickness to insert the trinket pins through the piece.
I'm really happy with the way this one turned out.

This will most likely go it to my sister tied to a gift of some sort :)

17 comments:

  1. Oh wow Stephen that pink really pops out, brilliant tag. Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the balance design you used with the measuring tape on the tag and then used it again through the hole of the tag to hang! Very clever! Thank you for sharing your work with Simon Says Stamp!

    Thank you!
    :) Fran
    -Simon Says Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really really like your dress form tag. The muted background colors are really nice and the dress form really pops. The measuring tape stamp and then adding the measuring tape ribbon is a nice touch! Love the spool end and the torn embossed paper attached with the hinge clip, too. Nicely done! Thanks for sharing your tag with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I really love the colors you used.
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag: Love how the pink dress form really pops from the darker colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful idea to use the embellishments as you have done! It illustrates the theme beautifully...as well as the technique.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab tag, wonderful use of the dressform and embellies! I'm sure your sister will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colours really work well and Love the theme

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful choices all throughout. Love the clipped on goodies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pink! And what a great idea to use the cardboard...will definitely have to try that sometime. Your sister is so lucky! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! Love the contrast of the dress form against the subtle colors of the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is beautiful - a man after my own heart!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome tag, Stephen! Your use of color is as masterful as ever, and you completely aced the technique. I wish I could see it in person, too. I bet it's even more wonderful!

    ReplyDelete