Followers

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Christmas in July? Well August Technically...





No its not Christmas in July or August for that matter its my latest offering in the Compendium-of-Curiosities-Challenge happening over at Linda's blog Studio L3

We are up to week 7 now and if you haven't joined the fun be sure to check out her blog for the details. There are some awesome prizes and you get to learn some great techniques in the process. I made a card for this weeks challenge. The girls holding up the giant snowball in the fragment are actually my sisters in a picture from the 60's. I will give it to one of them for their Christmas card this year.

Let me know what you think.

8 comments:

  1. I love that you used an actual family photo, and the card is just beautiful. But you better make another...wouldn't want one of your sisters to feel left out, LOL!
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW...FABULOUS card and great little photo of your sisters!! Love the BLUE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colors - icy blue so cooling for August 1st!!! You are going to have 1 hurt sister, better get busy on card #2!!! Maybe the next CCC!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! I agree with the others - you better make another for your other sister! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephen, this is an awesome card! I love the photo of your sisters-- how cute is that?? I also love using blue for the winter holidays, and this is the perfect icy shade! The fragment looks great, and the embossed background and stamping are fabulous for this winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous fragment Stephen, love it. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, love that you did a winter one with that choice of color. It is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it's awesome, and I'm sure they will too!

    ReplyDelete